International Open Access Week. Open lectures
We are pleased to invite you to attend the first day of the International Open Access Week.
This year theme is “Designing Equitable Foundations for Open Knowledge.”
Throughout the week we will go beyond talking about the openness in academia, supporting open activities in research and access to knowledge, and offering opportunities to make Open Access a common and normative practice at NU.
The agenda of the first day includes:
- Lesley Moyo, Associate University Librarian for Public Services. University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Ali Shafiei, Assistant Professor. School of Mining and Geosciences, Nazarbayev University
- Damel Mektepbayeva, researcher. Innovation Development Department, Nazarbayev University
2. Debates by NU Nomad debate club: “Open access: Yes or No”
- Benefits of Open Access
- Risks of Open Access
- Getting Published in Open Access Journals
- Reasons to publish in Open Access
Events will be followed by a coffee break
- Monday, October 15, 2018
- 2:00pm - 4:00pm
- Library group study area, 3rd floor
- Main Campus
Block 5e, Floor 1, Office 5e150, Digital Center.
+7 (7172) -70-48-51