Awards Competition “Best Practices in Using EBSCO Electronic Resources in Educational, Scientific and Social Activity!”
Nazarbayev University Library and EBSCO Publishing Inc. are pleased to announce a call for participation in the Awards Competition “Best Practices in Using EBSCO Electronic Resources in Educational, Ecientific and Social Activity!”
The awards competition is designed to recognize contributions of NU students, faculty, and staff in demonstration of innovative and creative use of EBSCO resources.
- 1st degree award – Pocketbook
- 2nd degree award – Web camera
- 3rd degree award – External HDD
- 4th degree award – Bluetooth speakers
- 5th degree award – Lighting Circle for video recording
- Encouraging prizes – Wireless earphones.
- “Warming up” workshop “EBSCO Resources and Platforms: Tips and Tricks”: March 15, 2023
- Deadline for submitting applications: April 22, 2023
- Evaluation period: April 24-28, 2023
- Publication of selection results: May 3, 2023
- Awarding ceremony: May, 2023 (date TBC)
- Record the short video presentation demonstrating how and why you use EBSCO e-resources in teaching, learning and social activities.
- Fill out e-Application form and submit it for evaluation within the deadline mentioned above.
Requirements for Video Presentation
- Video presentation must contain
- an introduction about the participant;
- how he/she is using EBSCO resources, demonstrating both the content-related side of e-resources usage and navigation via EBSCO platforms.
- Accepted formats of the video files submitted: .avi; .mp4; .flv; .wmv; .mov.
- Maximum length of video presentation: up to 3 minutes.
- Applicants are eligible to define on their own any genre relevant for their video presentation: informative, demonstrative, persuasive, inspirational, etc.
- Languages of presentation: Kazakh, English, Russian.
Video Presentations will be evaluated against the following criteria:
- Relevance (30 points)
- Creativity (20 points)
- Quality of the design (20 points)
- Impact (30 points).
*Please see the full text of regulations attached.
Gaziza Tariq | PR coordinator
Alexander Rytov| Regional Rep.
- Saturday, April 22, 2023
- 12:00am - 11:59pm
No Geolocation available for event.
Public Relations Coordinator, NU Library
Block 5, Floor 1, office 5e148